As a lover of spicy food, I always try to find new recipes that can satisfy my cravings. One of my favorites is the Philadelphia cream cheese jalapeno dip recipe. It’s the perfect blend of creaminess and spiciness that can be enjoyed with chips, crackers, or even veggies. In this article, I’ll share with you my version of this delicious dip, including the list of ingredients, instructions, nutrition table, FAQs, and tips.
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
List of Instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno peppers, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the dip a quick stir and garnish with additional diced jalapeno peppers and green onions, if desired.
|Nutrition Facts||Serving Size||Amount per Serving|
|Calories||1/4 cup (64g)||190|
|Total Sugars||2g||Includes 0g Added Sugars|
- Q: Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
- A: Yes, you can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream in this recipe.
- Q: Can I use other types of cheese?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you like, such as pepper jack or Mexican blend.
- Q: Can I make this dip ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this dip up to 2 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Q: Can I freeze this dip?
- A: No, this dip is not suitable for freezing.
- Q: Can I make this dip less spicy?
- A: Yes, you can adjust the amount of jalapeno peppers to your liking or omit them altogether.
- Q: Can I serve this dip warm?
- A: Yes, you can heat this dip in the microwave or oven until warm and bubbly.
- Q: What can I serve with this dip?
- A: You can serve this dip with tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, or sliced veggies.
- Q: How long can I keep this dip in the refrigerator?
- A: You can keep this dip in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Q: Can I double or halve this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can adjust the ingredients accordingly to make more or less dip.
If you want to make this dip even more flavorful, you can add some crumbled bacon or chopped cilantro to the mix. You can also use fresh jalapeno peppers instead of canned if you prefer. Just make sure to remove the seeds and membranes before dicing them. If you want to make this dip healthier, you can use reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. You can also serve this dip as a topping for baked potatoes or grilled chicken. Enjoy!