Greetings, coffee lovers! Are you tired of spending your hard-earned money on expensive coffee drinks at your local Starbucks? Fear not, because today we’re going to make a copycat recipe of one of the most beloved holiday drinks – the Peppermint Mocha Latte. This recipe is easy to follow and will have you sipping on a delicious homemade latte in no time.
- 1 shot of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
- Brew 1 shot of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of milk until hot but not boiling.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Whisk until the mixture is frothy.
- Pour the mixture into a mug and add the shot of espresso or brewed coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes, if desired.
- Enjoy your homemade peppermint mocha latte!
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use a different type of milk instead of cow’s milk?
- A: Yes, you can use almond milk, soy milk, or any other type of milk you prefer.
- Q: Can I make this drink without espresso or coffee?
- A: Yes, you can make this drink without espresso or coffee. Simply omit that ingredient and follow the rest of the instructions.
- Q: Can I make a large batch of this drink and store it in the fridge?
- A: We don’t recommend storing this drink in the fridge as it can separate and lose its flavor over time. It’s best to make it fresh each time.
- Q: Can I use dark chocolate instead of chocolate syrup?
- A: Yes, you can use dark chocolate instead of chocolate syrup. Simply melt the chocolate and mix it in with the milk and peppermint extract.
- Q: Can I make this drink without peppermint extract?
- A: While it won’t be a peppermint mocha latte without the peppermint extract, you can still make a delicious mocha latte by omitting that ingredient.
If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use a stovetop espresso maker or a French press to make strong coffee.
If you want to make this drink even more festive, try adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the milk mixture.
If you want to make this drink a bit healthier, you can use sugar-free chocolate syrup and low-fat milk instead of regular chocolate syrup and whole milk.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and variations to find your perfect homemade latte recipe!